HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!
11/05/2006 01:58:00 AM

I am dedicating this post to a very very very oh so dear friend Michael all the way in Cambridge, UK because today IS HIS BIRTHDAY!

Mike... how do I even begin to say what an awesome guy he is. Mike will always be there for you whenever you need him... this is such a cliched thing to say, but I really mean it. Always. Endless conversations with Mike is not uncommon. This caring and articulate individual has an intelligence that is mind blowing. He's a post-grad at Cambridge studying and researching on autism in children under a supervisor that is soo friggin prominent in the psychology world. He writes music. He plays guitar. He has a fucking great taste in almost everything. He's half Japanese, half Italian - he's got the best of both worlds. He has incredible EQ... which most guys aren't lucky enough to naturally possess. He knows when I'm upset, he knows when I'm truly happy. Whenever I have a problem, he's one guy to turn to.

Mike is also one of the few people in the world who truly believes in my abilities. This is what he wrote to me on my birthday. Sent to my inbox... the first thing I read when I woke up that day. Underneath the gushing and the blushing was a huge huge smile on my face.

George!

Happy birthday babe! Just wanted to send you my warmest best thoughts your way and hope you have the best-est of birthdays. I'm so proud to know such a wonderful human being. The honest truth is that I have bragged about you to several people I know. It went something like this:

"Somewhere out there is the most perfect chick. Someone who is stunning in appearance, and even more stunning in when you dig beneath the layers of AX of other fashionable clothing. That someone is such a smarty art person. Someone who is double majoring in finance and engineering, yet is tremendously talented in art. Her art tickles the fancy of whoever has a soul. She also has the coolest tastes in music, and has an encyclopedic knowledge of music. Beyond this she designs her own clothes, which I have to say contribute even more to her gorgeous-ness. On top of all that, she is extremely well cultured, sensitive, caring, and the most fun to talk to (because she exudes excitement and vigor for life). I know this particular chick. She is Chinese, yet lives in Australia... And one day, she will be a person who significantly affects the lives of millions of people."

Cheers to you George and have the greatest of b-days.

Mike

PS. There is absolutely no exaggeration at all in anything I said up there. Its all from the heart. Peace.


I'm not trying to brag that this is the person I am, but this is an example what kind of friend Mike is... and how lucky I am to have him in my life. He reminds me of who I am when my self confidence and self esteem runs low (often). He keeps me on track with my goals and what I'm here on Earth for. And if you knew Mike, you would know that he's not just some 'yes-man', some guy who tells me what I want to hear. He's genuine to the core and he often tells me when I'm wrong and when I'm being an utter dickhead ;) Okay, maybe he doesn't call me a dickhead... but he does tell me when I'm fucking things up. Go constructive criticism! ;)

Mike makes friends wherever he goes because he's just that kinda guy. Mike, the best of luck for your studies in Cambridge and finding your way around your new home for the next few years. I hope your American accent doesn't make life difficult for you ;) (Hmm.... now why would it?? Oh, I don't know!!!!!) Thank you for everything... I really can't match what you have given me but I promise that one day I will make it up to you :)

Happy Birthday again, dude... Have the most awesome day :)

Always here when you need me,
xoxoxxoxo G

posted by Stellar Drella @ 11/05/2006 01:58:00 AM
:: Post a Comment
2 Comments:
  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What is EQ?

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    EQ stands for Empathy Quotient. Its like IQ except for empathy. I study empathy in my lab at Cambridge, and we are constantly using the EQ. I told George I had a really high EQ, but I was also somewhat biased since I knew what the test was looking for. Here is another empathy test (its pretty challenging too): http://www.questionwriter.com/samples/eyesquiz/

    Mike

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives