All toasty tanned :)
11/26/2006 09:26:00 PM

Ahhhh... I just had a shower and I'm tanned up something awesome. You don't realise how much you've tanned til you get home and see yourself in a mirror that you always see yourself in! That and of course tan lines :P Of which I have some :P :P

I went away to Lake Eildon this weekend to Ben's houseboat with some friends. Ick, I'm sitting here and losing some balance (not physically, but my mind feels like i'm swaying from side to side and rocking backwards and forwards) cos I've been on water the whole weekend. This is my 3rd time up to Eildon and I'm still trying to find my landlegs!! I'm hopeless!

It was an awesome weekend and I met lots of cool new peeps. Also went on a jet ski again, after about... hmmm... 10 years or so? Was ages since I've been on a jet ski! Ben took me around for a hell of spin and the second time I slid right off whilst he was doing some crazy donuts. The incident has left an awesome bruise on the inside of my right knee. It is fucking mad. It's some odd shape... almost like a marijuana leaf, the border is some dark red spots and surrounded by some blue/green/black tinge. The size is about 10cm x 5cm. Atleast I have a cool story behind this bruise: Fell off a jetski. Rather than something lame like walking into a coffee table.

My Bruise.


Anyways... so after falling off the jetski I've been a bit freaked but still willing to go again (it's so much fun). Today, however, in the morning I was trying to work up a tan so there was some tanning oil around and i put some on my arms, stomach and legs... and then Ben goes "Do you want to go on the jetski?" and I'm like "UH HUH!". Bad idea because I was slipping absolutely everywhere. I was holding on for my dear life! My arms, stomach and legs were like aching like crazy after. But it was fun!

Yesterday I tried waterskiing again after failing miserably earlier this year. That was because the lifejacket and the skis were way too big for me. Instead of waterskiing, I was face was skidding along the surface of the water. Not a great sport. ANYWAYS, so I had another go yesterday and I was given a really small life jacket and JUNIOR skis (on the smallest shoe size too). Am I small or what? Anyways, these skis were sooo much easier to control but I still couldn't get up standing. I had massive issues trying to get my skis balanced. It's a lot harder than it looks!! Still, amidst a bunch of waterskiing experts, I felt like the biggest unc.

So today I was on 'training wheels' and got put on this training bar that stuck out to the side of the speed boat and had like metal handles. I got standing on that and I was SKIING, baby. It was sooo much easier on the training bar than on the rope at the back of the boat. So after a couple of tries on the training bar to get a hang of the 'feel', I was back on the ropes again. Tried like 7 times or so and got standing on one of them for one split second... got totally excited, I was like making a "YAY" expression on my face (whatever that looks like) and peeps on the boat were like "YAY" also, got over excited and fell straight back into the water. After that my legs were really tired and couldn't get back up again! Oh well. Next time.

So the weekend was spent lazing around in the sun on the top decks of the boats, eating, jetskiing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, and tanning for most people. For me it was eating, lazing, watching people waterski, wakeboard and barefoot, and tanning.

Ben wakeboarding!



James wakeboarding and I'm sitting at the bow of the boat. Bow rider, baby!



Chillin' on the deck of the boat. Mike, Nat & James.



Ben & Mike



Daniel's hot new speedboat (taken from the top of his houseboat).



Awesome CHERRIES! We got cherries on the way up to Eildon. They are awesome.



Was a very awesome weekend. So relaxing. It was nice to get away and do nothing for an entire weekend. I haven't gone away since uni finished... and so it was a great way to chillax off the hard work. Thanks Ben for yet another cool weekend!!!

posted by Stellar Drella @ 11/26/2006 09:26:00 PM
:: Post a Comment
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives