Okay, so I've gotten over my "OMG I NEED TO BLOCK MY BLOG" business. I'm sorry I haven't had the time to send you all invites. I've been getting so many emails saying "Omg why am I locked from your blog??" (ooh, so many rhyming words: Block, blog, lock. I'm a poet and I didn't even know it). So instead of making life difficult for you, I'm just gonna get rid of this stupid blocking thing. It is a long story, trust me. But in the mean time, there'll be no links to friends' blogs. So if you find urself unlinked, don't think cos you're no longer my friend! :P :P I lovvvee youuu all..
Okay, so yesterday I handed in my 17,000 word, 50 page thesis. PHEW. I worked my arse off the last two weeks on this mother. It wasn't just about writing it up... right until about Wednesday I was still trying to work out an equation. And yes, I found an equation that worked so so brilliantly. And yes, GEORGE HAS AN EQUATION. THE 'GEORGE NUMBER'. Actually, no, I've just called it the "Transmission Number" because I'm oh-so-modest and if it actually doesn't work, no one can find me :P. What it does is that it'll predict the tsunami run-up height on your particular coastal area provided you know the height of the tsunami wave, its wavelength and your building dimensions. How sweet is that? Yeah, man. The George Number. Worked my arse off.
Y'know what the irony of all this is?? Is that in my whole entire schooling/universitying life, I have never ever pulled an all-nighter. It just wasn't me and I always organised my time very well. BUT, the night before my last day of uni ever, I pulled one, just to get my thesis and research paper done. I went to bed at around 7.30am after having printed my thesis, my research paper and filled in some student profile for the yearbook. "Highlights at Monash: Random university shenanigans", yeah man. Wow, bed never felt so good before.
So I slept for like about 3 hours, got up and finished off my acturial stats assignment - realised I totally fucked it up and had to re-do some sections. God, that was a bitch. So I'm half dead, totally tired... have to still go bind my thesis. So I rushed through it and went to spend the last day at uni sitting with friends, drinking beer at a bar at uni after handing in my thesis.
It was a very strange feeling as I passed over my thesis and my research paper to the lady at the Mechanical Engineering Office, "Okay, that's all your stuff Georgina?", "Erm, yeah I think so... umm.. wait... erm... yeah", "Great, thanks!". All that work that I have put in during the year was over in that split second. There was no getting it back... I felt like as if I could get it back and look at it again and make some changes or fix some things up. But no, that was it. The culmination of my degree was right there and I have finally, handed it in. Bit of a anti climax really. For the amount of effort I have put into it, I deserved a red carpet and a flute of champers or two. But that was it. University and my final year was over.
So then I spent the rest of the day sitting at Coco Red with a beer. I was so tired and I was driving so any more would have really knocked me out and rendered me silly. It was such a relief to chill out after such a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.
So now I have 3 exams left before I'm done with Uni for food. I mean, good. I guess I could say uni will give me food, in a weird and round about sense.
I'm taking the day off before I get back into study mode for the very last time. Worked hard enough the last few months so I need a break!
So what else is new? Bullet points below, thanks.
- I saw The Grates at the Forum. Omg. It was the best gig ever. They are SUCH a good band. I took so many piccies. And a few vids. I'll upload it up to YouTube sometime and post it up here for you peeps to see.
- Saw a stage play of 1984 by The Actor's Gang from LA, directed by Tim Robbins. Very well done... I loved it. Bit too much shouting for my liking. I felt the book was somewhat sublime in a sense. But there was lots of uneccessary shouting.
- I saw Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto perform insen live. It was stunning. The LCD screens with visualisations that pulsated and danced to the music just enhanced the experience even more. The music was as if it was almost not even there... almost meditative. It was truly amazing. I managed to get the album and I've been listening to it while I wrote my thesis. Best study music, srsli. I'm slowly rediscovering Sakamoto's work - I only had a few soundtracks of his i.e.: Merry Xmas Mr Lawrence and Little Buddha. I got another album that he collaborated with Noto - "Vrioon". Haven't got to listen to it yet. Oh, and HE LOOKS LIKE DAVID BOWIE! Aged gracefully that man. It's weird cos the only time I've seen him was in the film Merry Xmas Mr Lawrence - and he wouldn't even have been 30 there, or maybe he was. Asian people always look so young.
So I'm going to go now and do something else. Will blog more often from now on, hopefully!
Muchos Luvos.
George
|
| 3 Comments: |
- At 4:58 PM, Steve Androulakis said…
Hey! I'm glad the blog is back.. I missed reading your entries!
Wow, I can't believe you guys are at the tail end of your degrees. I can't imagine how that would feel for you guys other than a sigh of relief big enough to cause one of the tsunammi's you have been writing equations to handle.
I also hope it brings some serious partying over the summer, where I'll pretend I don't have one semester to go and we can all have fun!
- At 1:14 AM, DM said…
I though it was just me who was blocked. I am so glad to be back in the fold!
- At 3:49 PM, markii said…
Good to have you back again G!
Congrats on your thesis - finally! hehe.. must be a huge relief. And a number, invented by your, that's pretty fucking awesome. I want my own number too! Ooo..
And yeah - Sakamoto, I've been getting more of his old stuff now, I found the show absolutely mind blowing also. It was a shame you had to run straight after it ended, Sarah and I had a grand day in the city! Would've been nice to chat and consolidate what we just witnessed.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |

Chez George
| shay jorj |
n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about. Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.
dusty archives
|
Hey! I'm glad the blog is back.. I missed reading your entries!
Wow, I can't believe you guys are at the tail end of your degrees. I can't imagine how that would feel for you guys other than a sigh of relief big enough to cause one of the tsunammi's you have been writing equations to handle.
I also hope it brings some serious partying over the summer, where I'll pretend I don't have one semester to go and we can all have fun!