Always one foot on the ground
10/23/2006 10:28:00 AM

Things have been a bit of a downer. Firstly, getting back to study again really sucks. Just when I thought everything is all over after handing in my thesis I have to really study hard again. The one and a half days that I took off to rest my little head really shifted my gears and it's taking me forever to get back up to speed. I feel friggin demotivated.

So my parents are away for two weeks. In China for a holiday. My brother and I are holding the fort at home and so far we've been doing a pretty good job. We're outta milk and a few other healthy essentials and haven't got around to buying these yet.... but. there's. a. box. of. Krispy. Kremes. in. the. fridge.! Like, who needs anything else really?

My cousin & grand-aunt invited us over to their joint for dinner last nite which was great. Asian's are just so up for looking out for one another, let me tell you. Like, Justin & I are totally fine with looking after ourselves (read: no milk, but we have krispy kreme) and we're old enough to clean up, lock doors, yadayada. But yesterday my grand-aunt was giving us sooo much food to bring home so we can microwave for meal times and keeps calling everyday to ask whether we're ok, do we need anything, etc. It's really unneccessary but sweet at the same time. It's always good to know that there's other people out there looking out for you and thinking about you.

It's good to know when you have something as solid as 'family' whilst things around you are so temporary and crude. I'm going through a lot of 'temporary' things right now that sometimes I wish so much I could change but there's just some things you can't.

And I just so happen to have all the things that I have no power to change. It gets me down. Especially when things are going so well... but then you realise that there was nothing there all along. That there can never be anything there. And I ask myself why and question the very existence of the situation. But I always struggle to find myself an answer.

Still struggling,
*G

posted by Stellar Drella @ 10/23/2006 10:28:00 AM
:: Post a Comment
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives