Poster Sale
8/23/2006 04:40:00 PM

The ads have been up all around uni this week advertising the last poster sale for the year. Sadly, it is also my last poster sale! Please remind me to go visit the sale this week before it ends.

The poster sale has been much frequented over my last 5 years at uni. In fact, the majority of the posters which used to line my walls were from these poster sales.

I remember back in first year. The poster sale was the best thing to have happened to me. Fresh faced out of high school (= lack of exposure to cool posters except for those that they give you to cut out from music magazines) and in love with bands such as the Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Rage Against the Machine, and every other god damn poster band, I found posters for everything that I had loved.

I was a happy trooper armed with all my band propaganda. My walls have changed dramatically over the years from hippy grunge rock to glitzy glam to post-modern art rock. If it weren't for the poster sales, my walls wouldn't have seen such good days.

Much love to the poster sales.

posted by Stellar Drella @ 8/23/2006 04:40:00 PM
:: Post a Comment
1 Comments:
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger markii said…

    I also love poster sales. Some of my friends bagged me for buying "lame-o" posters, but where else do you see such a huge variety of French 1930s beer advertisements?!

    I also found some really nice art prints on DECENT paper at La Trobe. Nice.

    It's such a cheap and easy way to spruce up a room!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives