I was never ever too enthusiastic about Robbie Buck's little 'Great day/Crap day' segment on his drive time show on triple j but taking this title in the context of other things, don't you ever wonder to yourself how things can turn from sweet to sour or down right horrible to pure bliss in less than a day? How in one day you would, emotionally, visit both opposite ends of a yard stick? Crazy eh.
Well today was one of those kinda days. I wasn't feeling too terrible this morning but it certainly wasn't blissful. But now things have settled and I'm gaining back my composure and all is pretty sweet. Nothing particularly bad happened this morning... I was just not feeling the coolest. Sorta sick yucky feeling that something isn't right but you can't really put your finger on. Yeah, that. Then I gotten over it and now things are, like I said, pretty sweet.
A splash of AWESOME news yesterday. The Grates will be touring with FAKER! Ahhh! What an awesome support band! The Grates are playing at The Forum on Oct 13th. That's FRIDAY! Whoo, spooky! You bet I'll be there!
Trying to make the most out of my project now. I only have like just over 5 weeks til my big oral presentation for my thesis work and I haven't really done anything. It's not entirely my fault because the wave generator isn't working so I haven't yet done my experiments. Meanwhile I'm trying to bulk up my work by doing computational fluid dynamics modelling. Been working on my 'mesh' (such a cool word!) to simulate flow through rows of buildings. I'm such an amateur when it comes to these things.
Anywho, went out to a mini bar crawl last night. We went to: Double Happiness and Loop (we stepped into Aura but it was soooooo not happening). Double Happiness always has really great and personal service (we had a tab and bar ninjas came and took our empty glasses away without us even noticing). Loop was awesome, as usual. I've been trying hard to look for an alternative venue to host my 22nd Birthday party but it always ends up that Loop is just the coolest place. I always end up organising things at Loop! George for Loop!
Alrighteys, it's time for me to shut up and go to class. There's a pigeon circling my feet and it's starting to freak me out. Shoo pigeon!
I have a few ideas for your birthday. They are insane; I'll be the first to say it, but we should talk.