I got up at 8.15am this morning to take my brother to the tram stop. On the way home and just as I was about to turn into my driveway I notice that the entire rear end of my neighbour's Lexus 4WD was taken off. It was so severely smashed up that you could see the spare tyre and the rear seats of the car. I was like "What the fuck happened!". I saw my neighbour standing in a very mellow fashion and staring at the car. "Maybe she had a car accident earlier and drove it home?", I thought.
I was still in my pyjamas so I crept back to my house through the garage and as soon as I entered the house my mum flies down the staircase hugging me "Omg you're okay! You're Okay!!". I was a little stunned and confused.
"What's going on?? Of course I'm ok!"
"Didn't you hear the loud bang?"
"What you mean next door? That was already smashed up when I drove past!"
"Omg no it happened like 2 seconds before you got home then! I just heard this lound bang and this white car just sped off down the road!"
"I didn't see it!"
So we ran outside again and I had a better look at the torn up Lexus. And whilst I was driving past, I didn't notice the entire brick mailbox completely in pieces (as in, individual bricks, not large slabs of bricks still stuck together, it looked like it exploded). We went to talk to our neighbour who was in shock (hence the mellowed out look) and said that the white car drove up the lawn, hit the car and the car spun around and smashed open the mailbox and took the whole rear end of the car with it!
Like WHAT! Immediately I was so upset that how much of a coward this loser in the white car can be by just driving off and leaving this incredible mess behind. It was not just a single scratch along the side of the car! It was half a car gone and the entire BRICKED MAILBOX in pieces! So Mum told her to call the police straight away.
I was still in my pyjamas (yeah, I snuck out and drove my bro to tram stop STILL in my PJs) and so I asked another neighbour and mum to drive around our estate straight away to look for a damaged white car. Apparently it was a hatchback - surely an impact like that would totally ride it off?? Unfortunately they couldn't find anything.
The police came and soon the tow truck. The police were incredibly unhelpful which angered me... surely they can try a little bit more than "What can we do? There's no number plates!" - the public service system!
I had to go to uni so I quickly headed off and spent a few hrs there and then came back and typed up a flyer to put in everyone's mailbox in the estate asking for ppl to report if they suspect or notice damaged white car etc. Y'see we live in an estate where the only way you can get in is through my street. And the car was driving in the inwards direction. It's gotta come out eventually if the owner wants it fixed... even if it's sitting in a garage for 3 weeks. Still gotta come out my street. So I think the flyer will help if everyone in the estate knew about this.
And to make matters worse, my neighbour was slightly injured because the car hit her as it swung around and she was thrown onto the ground.
How horrible and irresponsible can people be? A lot of the people living in close proximity of us know about it and are looking out. Hopefully if we get the whole estate looking out for them we can find something. This was incredible.