Hmm, what's there to blog about?
7/05/2006 08:37:00 PM

Nothing much at the moment. There's actually loads but this is probably not the best place :P That's what I have come to realise about having more and more readers on my blog. I remember back in the day when I only had like one visitor to my blog: myself. That was sweet because this could be my online journal. Maybe it would be awesome to have some anonymous blog - just so you can write shit and share your 'experiences'. Who knows how many people out there are going through exactly what you're going through... maybe I can find someone/people who can relate! And may that person help me decide what exactly is going on in my life and what to do about it. But then again, having an anonymous blog means that you can't put up photos of your weekend away camping with your friends serving as a portal for your peeps to download photos and discussions outside of the pub. So you're left with two blogs of which you don't know which to devote your time to.

Blogs are becoming a complicating issue. What used to be simply a web log is in fact a new medium that plays a role in faciliating the relationships between people. I've seen friendships fall apart resulting from 'something' that was blogged about. On the other hand, friendships have been strengthened because you 'find out more about the person'. You see a different side to them. Such fuels a newfound appreciation for your friends. I know I have.

For me, if someone reads my blog, I know that they care about me. I write things here and there on my blog that I sometimes don't talk about in person. And if a reader picks up on that and talks to me in person about that particular topic it's an awesome feeling! I say that I write a lot of shit on this blog, and frankly, I do, but is that a deterrant for someone to read it? And it's not like I'm always talking about how depressed I am or how nothing ever happens in my life. Not *that* kinda shit. I'd like to think I'm slightly more entertaining than that.

Anywho. I'm totally pumped. Robyn has given me the most awesome early birthday present EVER. A ticket to go see The Arctic Monkeys (completely sold out - tickets are beyond the brink of extinction). That's not why I'm so so excited - Arctic Monkeys are great but they don't rock my world... but that's not the point. Point numero uno: I'm finally going to attend a gig with Robyn that's not a festival and that's not in America. We're going to dress up! Point numero two (fuck it, I don't know what two is in Italian. Sad I know): THE GRATES ARE THE SUPPORT BAND. The FUCKING GRATES. Ahhh! My fave Aussie band. In fact, my fave band RIGHT NOW. I'm totally in love with them. I plan to dress up like the lead singer, Patience, to the gig i.e.: green dress and red tights. AHHH. So excited.

PLACEBO is also coming down to Melbourne. I went to check out the tix. They are on sale this friday but unfortunately I can't afford it! It's like $70 or something crazy like that - I was hoping it would be closer to the $50 mark. There would be no question going to see Pla-fucking-cebo if money wasn't so much of a fucking issue right now. Stupid work. I don't have shifts. I am looking for something else now. It would be the perfect thing to kick start my 22nd year in this world. It's like a week after my birthday. Speaking of Placebo - more men should wear more makeup without having to look emo.

Ok, so enough blabbering from my end. I've actually escaped having to go into uni for most of this week - mainly because I have been busy with other things. But I'm getting a fair bit of work done at home which is ace. I'm actually really freaked out beyond control about second semester. I'm also freaked out about my results that will be released next week. *Sigh*. I'm also freaked out about my seemingly bleak future. (Thanks Brendan, 'bleak' is the perfect word)

Everything is rather bleak right now. Second semester is rather bleak because I'm not sure whether I'll be needing to overload due to a possibly failed subject. I already have 21 contact hours. My chance to go work overseas next year in Germany is bleak because I don't know whether I'll get a job there and won't know until like November. Personal life... rather bleak. Chances of saving up money is also incredibly bleak. But the funny thing is I trudge along just fine. I mean, I think about these things fairly constantly... but really, nothing worse than to let it get you down! I mean, final year is fucking depressing... but hey, what can you do. Life's only going to get more complicating from here on so I better get used to it.

I will now go and work some more on my thesis :)

posted by Stellar Drella @ 7/05/2006 08:37:00 PM
:: Post a Comment
5 Comments:
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Whooooo! Arctic Monkeys! The Grates! ARCTIC MONKEYS! THE GRAAAAAAAAATES!!!!

    OMG So excited that I'm going to see them with you. It's going to be totally awesome. I have my outfit sortedish :) Yay! This is the best early birthday present I've ever given :D

    I hope we're doing trivia next week, haven't seen you for a while now!

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just a note to people reading your blog: I used the word 'bleak' to discribe my future and George used it too. I did NOT just tell Georgie that she had a bleak future infront of her, that makes me sound mean.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Stellar Drella said…

    Haha, sorry Brendan if it seemed that way! No you didn't say that about my future, I just used your awesome source of vocabulary for my own personal usage.

    Rob, I know! Very excited! And yes I will be at trivia next week :)

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger markii said…

    "more men should wear more makeup without having to look emo"

    SOOO true!

    Makeup on guys can look so fucking hot. But emo is way overdone.

    (btw - yay for the Arctic Monkeys tix! so cool~)

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Stellar Drella said…

    Marki - let's start a new campaign called "More make up on men!"

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives