A night out with the Cerevisaphiles.
6/23/2006 09:07:00 PM

The image to the left is what a beer mat says is a 'cerevisaphile', in case you didn't know. A lover of beer. And how was I lovin' my first beer on Wednesday night to mark the end of my exams for Semester 1! Woohoo! My first beer was in fact a Beez Neez at Young & Jackson's. I've never tried this before and was curious. It's not really that great. I would have much preferred a St. Arnou Pilsner, which was what Andrew and Downz had. After tasting theirs, Beez Neez just tasted like soda water. Myself, Andrew and Brendan (below) at Y&Js.


Waited at Y&Js for Brendan and Steve and then made our way to find some dinner. We ended up at Lounge on Swanston St (for more beer) which served some awesome parmas and BLTs - that's a nice looking parma there, Steve (right)! There was some rather awesome contemporary artwork on the walls which were for sale. There was one adjacent to our table of which had some abstract shapes on it, which Andrew identified one as a penis. It was so not.

After Ben had joined us at Lounge we moseyed off to James Squire Brewhouse. The place had awesome beer but did not have that pub feel - incredibly sterile for a pub, in fact, but what can you expect from a city pub. I started off with a Golden Pale Ale and then later a Porter. I could have had more but I was so unexpectedly tired that I just couldn't drink anymore. Sad really because I wanted to go blind. The atmosphere just wasn't really clicking with the beer, and as Spence puts it "It's like drinking coffee under fluorescent lights". They had some awesome beermats, however. Apparently there are 18 different beermats and the one above about Cerevisaphiles was one of them. The one you see on the left is also another one of them. And below are one that I particularly liked - the story of the 'honeymoon'. I want to live in Babylon... as a groom of course. Here's why...


How awesome is that! All the beer you could drink (even if it's Beez Neez) for one whole month. That would be far most the sweetest month ever. Y'know, I bet that's why men get married. Except now they don't get that free flowing beer - I think it's because it hasn't occurred to them yet. Okay, I'll stop with the man-bashing.

Here's some more random pics taken at the BROOhouse.

Ben (post making a silly face) - it's still pretty silly to me.

Brendan and Steve and a James Squire Porter:
What a good looking family!

Ben expressing his love for Tai Chi

No, my engineering friends aren't too much of posers for the camera, I apologise. But it was a fun night and after weeks of studying and having not so much of a social life, beer never tasted so good! Thanks for an awesome night, guys!

posted by Stellar Drella @ 6/23/2006 09:07:00 PM
:: Post a Comment
3 Comments:
  • At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That Brendan is a handsome devil. It looked like a fun nigh.

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Stellar Drella said…

    Yes, isn't he a strapping young lad, BrendANONYMOUS.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Steve said…

    I, much like you, quickly got really tired, but all in all it still was a great night. A giant stress reliever. God Marsh looks 17 without shaved hair, it's kinda funny :) Good writeup!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives