I hate music.
6/26/2006 03:42:00 PM

Well this is just about the most entertaining websites I've come across in a very long time. It's a blog on about how this chick hates music. As cheesy as that may sound, she is incredibly well informed and has probably heard and know of more bands than I do. When you go to her site, to the right on the side bar, if you scroll down there are links to all the comments she has ever made of every band. I read her comments about David Bowie and she even knows the name of the kid who punched Bowie in the face (that resulted in his blue/brown eye dilemma). How the hell would someone who hated Bowie so much would go out of their way to find out the name of this kid, who *I* didn't even know the name of.

Anyway, I think the site is hilarious and the comments about musicians are incredibly entertaining. Here's an extract from her bagging the shit out of John Lennon's Imagine.

"Imagine" is a 'standard' - in other words it is MOR drek that your gran likes. Rockboys who would sneer at you for liking sappily tuneful stuff by Andrews Williams and Gold will defend "Imagine" to the death, not because of what it is (pawky shite) but because of who it's by. This is the inevitable end result of paying more than cursory attention to the name on the label: such forbidden knowledge is fatal to your taste.

There's a whole lot more from where that came from. I don't agree with most of the things she says but that's not the point! It's funny! Go to: I Hate Music.

posted by Stellar Drella @ 6/26/2006 03:42:00 PM
:: Post a Comment
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives