Every bad for something better.
4/26/2006 06:09:00 PM

Before I dwelve into my intended message I had a FLASHBACK today. On the way home from an interview, David Bowie's "Subterraneans" played on my iPod under shuffle mode. I haven't heard this song in ages and it reminded me of Trent. At the David Bowie gig in early 2004, there I was against the barrier right in front of the stage pushing and shoving, cheering like a mad arse, and shouting out the names of songs that I wanted David to play. As the crowd settled down as the intro of the next song was starting, Trent shouts "SUBTERRANEANS!" which I found incredibly amusing and so I laughed.

So anyways back to my main topic. Oh wait, I just realised that 99% of you won't get the above flashback and why it was so funny. Subterraneans is a real slow almost baroque song that would probably require an orchestra and three tenors.

OK so back to main topic - I'm very happy and energised. Had an interview today with another company and I thought it went really well. They asked REAL interview questions and the interviewers were a lot more down to earth. I felt that they valued me as the person I am as opposed to what I know about the Australian Stock Exchange. I can't remember enjoying an interview so much. Not sure if I'll get through to the next round but it brought about good feelings all around and made me realise what I am looking for in a career and what kind of employer I want to work for.

I haven't heard back from the OTHER company yet - I'm at the stage where its either a yes or no. Considering it has been 2 business days since I had the interview, I don't think I'm going to get it. Shame because the recruitment process for that was so time consuming and stressful - it really affected my uni... but at the same time it has provided me with skills and experience to tackle other interviews which are less stressful. So it's like I'm slowly swimming to shore after being thrown in the deep end.

I have to run and finish off my Thermo lab write up. I got a phone call from a friend tonight. He said he has a spare ticket to a ADRIAN BELEW* gig tonight. Clutching my chest in complete utter heartache I said "No" because I have so much friggin work to do. Argh! I gave up an Adrian Belew gig!!! What was I thinking?!

Silly me. But that thermo lab isn't going to write itself.

xoxo

*Adrien Belew - Guitar Legend. Played for King Crimson, Nine Inch Nails, Tori Amos, Talking Heads, Frank Zappa and David Bowie.

SIGH.

posted by Stellar Drella @ 4/26/2006 06:09:00 PM
:: Post a Comment
1 Comments:
  • At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you passed up belew's gig! Well its a smart choice. Your future or a gig. Good to hear you liked how your last interview went. Good luck.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives