Yesterday was the first of December and the weather was largely brilliant to set the season off. So what the hell happened today? What's all this raining and muggyness and grossness? It makes me feel so lethargic and depressed. Well I know what I'll do. I'll just sit here and reminisce the beautiful day that was yesterday... and blog about it too!
I set out at 10 am yesterday to pick up Sarah and started a hike drive to Rowville to pick up Mark. Mark had a wonderful picnic basket prepared with roast chicken foccacias, FRUIT KEBABS, sundried tomatoes, olives, kabanas, frozen grapes... that guy knows how to make one picnic basket for the beach! ;)

Purdy!The drive to Edithvale beach was not a very long one from Rowville. I wouldn't have guessed there was a beach there. I'm not really a suburban beach goer. In fact, I don't remember the last time I went to relax and have fun at a Melbourne beach. I usually just do this overseas! The beach is gorgeous, the water crystal clear and all aquamarine with little fishes swimming around and heaps of those sausage looking clear jelly things. What ARE they? Are they living creatures?
A highly bloggable conversation whilst holding and fondling these jelly-like see thru sausages:
Mark: I don't think they are living things. They are excretions.
George: EXCRETIONS?!
Mark: I think so. I think they excrete these to prevent things from going inside.
George: *wondering who's "they"*
Sarah: *looking grossed out*
We walk into the water.
Mark: There's probably heaps in the water but can't really see them.
George: Yeah they probably have the same refractive index as the water.
Sarah: What the fuck is a refractive index?!
Mark: Ooh look at me, little Miss Engineer and my refractive index!!
George: Oh that's so bloggage material!

This is me and Mark with awesome fruit kebabs.
What a great idea. Nobel prize worthy.

Mark & I doing our 'swimsuit calendar' pose.

Sarah & Mark looking trendy.

The view from our beach tent. Mark's a good photographer.

Sandy feet! Mark's a good photographer.

Sarah & I!

My tatt & I - I actually chose black swimmers just so it won't clash and look bad with my tatt. You have to think about these things when you have this red thing on your back! It's all about looking good :P

Check out my Geisha towel!
Thats some 1 on 1 action right there between me and my towel ;)
Awesome awesome day. The water was the most perfect temperature. It was really HOT on the sand but the water cooled you down the perfect notch. I got a great tan AND we didn't get a parking ticket after 3 and a half hours in a 2 hour parking spot.
Mark and I did handstands underwater as well as backflips. I haven't done these in years!!! Came home with some water in my ears though but that's inevitable, especially for me because I ALWAYS have problems with water in ears. I always have problems with my ears fullstop.
This day has started a beautiful relationship between myself and the Melbourne beaches. I think I will be visiting them a whole lot this summer!

Me and the beach!
x
PS: Thanks Mark for the wonderful food!!!
|
| 4 Comments: |
- At 10:19 PM, said…
Nicer beach than mine, but much more people. We'll have to go to my local (beach). PS, you should wear a bikini more often, wow. It's brendan.
- At 9:17 AM, markii said…
Hey G!
Glad you had an awesome day, I absolutely LOVED it!
GOD - take that photo of topless me down, my winter fat! Nooo! *squeals*
I had heaps of fun preparing food for the day, so you are most welcome! Getting ready for a beach trip is half the fun for me.. :P
You'll have to email me your photos too ok?
- At 7:26 PM, Stellar Drella said…
Lol, Thanks Brendan. Maybe I'll wear a bikini to trivia. Wait... I might get kicked out for indecent exposure. Or maybe not. Oh who knows.
Yes... I'm looking forward to ur pool/tequila/beach/bbq party. MAKE IT SOON!!!!!!!! :D
xx G
- At 7:29 PM, Stellar Drella said…
Hey Markiiiiiiiiiii ;)
Noooo! You're gorgeous. And you know that. It's not all about the abs y'know ;)
Yes, I will email you pics when I get on my Mac. See it's all in the Mac at the moment. And we lost our wireless internet :( But I promise. Piccies will soon come.
xx G
|
| |
| << Home |
| |

Chez George
| shay jorj |
n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about. Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.
dusty archives
|
Nicer beach than mine, but much more people. We'll have to go to my local (beach). PS, you should wear a bikini more often, wow. It's brendan.