YESS! Victory is mine. Mooks have been recently promoting the Paul Frank for Andy Warhol range and so they had these giant inflatable Andy Warhol/Velvet Underground & Nico bananas hanging in their window. When I first saw them a couple of weeks ago I almost dropped to the floor with eyes filled with pulsating love hearts. Where else can I find such happiness?! Yesterday I went to Chadstone and realised that they've taken down the bananas. Oh no! I walked into the store to ask and the girl just said "Oh you want one?!" Hell yes! So I got myself one. Two infact. One deflated one to keep for future use and one inflated one for immediate decoration.
Like so:

Notice to the left is the vinyl version ;) I have two visible bananas in my room! Facing the same direction! Oh that's too much!
Forever friends.

It also likes to get naked. I'm not complaining.

Happiness in an inflatable.
I'm going to keep the deflated one until I get my own home. I'm going to hang it in my studio... or in the corner of my living room above a moon chair. Oh how 60s!
I AM SO BUSY! I tell you what. I practically worked all day today - mostly in the back as we have just received the Summer 05 collection and oh my god, so many friggin clothes. I've never seen so many friggin clothes in my life. A co-worker and I were out the back rearranging the clothes into sections and the worst is they are all wrapped in plastic and they are so friggin slippery. Most of our time was spent trying to keep the clothes from falling out of the shelves due to the supreme lack of friction (mu=0, I swear). It was fun though.
Tonight I have to go to the airport to pick up a delegate for next week's symposium (the one that I have been raging on about). He better show up! So its come home from work, rest a bit and hike drive to the airport, drive ALL THE WAY to Glen Waverly or Clayton, drive home - that's a lot of driving. I have to do this three times over the next three days. Next week is packed because of this symposium. I don't even have a business outfit. I haven't even had to get up so early everyday since May this year. I'm supposed to be on HOLIDAY! Oh. I'm so self-inflicting its not funny.
Yesterday I had an incredible yet simple meal. The PIE FLOATER!

For those unAustralians - a pie floater is a meat pie sitting in shallow split pea and ham soup with the optional drizzle on tomato sauce. It took me 5 minutes to make. It is DEEVINE. AND looks like a Jackson Pollock. Double bonus!
So I'll tell you more about this wireless. I'm so stoked about it! I mean, I have used wireless many times at uni but to have it at home is something else. I remember my first encounter with the internet back in 1996. There I was, surfing the internet and building cute little homepages with a 28K modem. WHOA! Then my dad's laptop had a 32K modem - that was really pushing the limits. I thought it was flying. Then later came the 56K modem. Absolute sweetness. It wasn't until we got cable that I discovered the pure joy of speedy internet. And guess what? Now I'm using cable IN BED! Who would have thought! What's next? The air is probably the furthest you could go as a medium for transmitting data and the only thing that can change now is probably speed. But who's to know.
x
WOAH.
That is one big banana!
xox Sarah-i-love-gwen