LITTLE BARRIE
1/18/2005 10:03:00 PM

If you do get the chance, look out for this little London band called Little Barrie. They are awesome! I can't seem to find their album anywhere in stores or any mp3s so I'm again stuck in the middle of nowhere unable to get my hands on their music. The only time I can listen to it is when it is occasionally played on Triple J. This is what happens when you listen too much of indie radio stations. You like the stuff they play but can't find it elsewhere! :( :( *GRR*. Anyways... with Little Barrie -- its a superb mix of early Elvis Presley, Bolan, James Brown, Bootsy Collins, Captain Beefheart... it's totally stripped down of superflouous sounds and getting down to the core of pure blues, funk, RnB, gospel and good ole rock n roll.

Watch out for the song "Burned Out" -- I'm currently obsessed with it!!

posted by Stellar Drella @ 1/18/2005 10:03:00 PM
:: Post a Comment
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives