Up for 28 hours -- WOO!
12/24/2004 08:37:00 PM

Okay okay okay -- it is 9pm and I spent the day sleeping. Wheeeeeee!

Yesterday I got up at 6am to go to work at Autoliv. Some seatbelts had failed the previous day and so Zel, Jose, Larry and I had to try and get 3 shots done as quickly as possible before 9.30am. This is because it was the last day and we weren't supposed to be doing work at all but just bludging, opening Kris Kringle presents and going to La Mirage reception for the big company Xmas lunch.

After Autoliv, I came home and tried to get some sleep because I had a shift at A|X that night. Yes, 12 midnight to 12 noon the next day. I couldn't sleep because I had too much sleep the night previously and so I lay in bed like a zombie and tried to conserve my energy by not moving. Made me feel like shit! And I missed out on Dad's birthday dinner because of it too. :(

So it was -- Georgina, the grease monkey by day at Autoliv with my spanners, power tools, nuts and bolts setting up seat belts on the crash dummies; and the retail shop assistant by night folding dainty dainty expensive clothes for dainty dainty rich people. Well, maybe not that rich. I was just trying to make myself sound important.

I am surprised at how well I survived last night! My body was fuelled with coffee and V constantly. I felt like a zombie walking around. And WHAT ON EARTH ARE PEOPLE DOING SHOPPING AT FRIGGIN' 3AM IN THE MORNING?!?!?!? Some people are FREAKS. We shut the store at 3.30am to my RELIEF so we could do sale set-up. It's quite fun doing things in a zombie state.

Come 7am and I was already dying. I had been up for 25 hours already and it was strange enough to see the sun rise while at work. I got to leave early at 9am, thank heavens. I don't know how I could have lasted til 12 noon!

I have uploaded a few photos from the camera... :D

Here are a few from my parents 50th Birthday Party :)


Mum and Dad cutting the cake!


Mum opening presents.


My brother, Dad, Mum and me with my grandma.

And here are a few from the Autoliv Xmas party... so you know who I'm talking about when I blog ;)


The Seat Belt Lab team!!
Bottom row: Phil, Beth, Larry, Kim, Celia, myself.
Back row: Dennis, Zoran, Jose, Salih (my boss), Zel.


Zel... see, he IS Evil :P


Before the Xmas lunch. Left to right, Celia, Kim, Zel and Larry.

posted by Stellar Drella @ 12/24/2004 08:37:00 PM
:: Post a Comment
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives