OK! So I finally get some time to blog! I am terribly sorry I haven't had the chance to do anything around here other than blog some rather pointless (but quite funny) stuff.
Over the last few weeks I have been working a lot yet spending a lot. When you live a whole semester in dire poverty, you can't buy clothes. So when you get some money, you buy some clothes. And that's what I did. The mid-year sales are great but it isn't helping my spending situation. Atleast though, I won't lose sleep worrying how much I need a third tartan skirt. Just kidding.
Another event that took place over the last few weeks was of course Horsham. I can't believe it actually took place... and to have everyone there was just amazing. It goes to show how strong a bond has formed in our group because really, without it, Horsham would have never had happened. It was like Easter all over again but we've somehow taken our nights to err... 'higher' levels. LOL. And it'll only get much higher... or should I say... lower? Haha. So good on ya kids, for pestering the parents to go! ;) I miss you all very much and the photos are still very embarassing to look at for long periods of time.
Well, uni starts next week but I have Monday off and I'm going to watch The Stepford Wives (finally its out in Australia) with Adri and An. I really want to watch Fahrenheit 9/11 which has some advanced screenings this weekend. Yay!
Hmm... sorry I am SO boring, I know.... but I really have nothing else to say. Oh, in that case I will tell you a story....
On Tuesday, Adri came over at around 10am because we wanted to go to the city later that day. So I got dressed and wore a skirt. We walked out of the house and realised we had ages before the bus came... so we took out time walking to the bus stop. My cat decided to follow us and so I kept turning around and saying "Moo, go back home!". She still followed!! So we were crossed the road hoping to lose her but she crossed too. Then she decided to jump over a fence. Yay. Finally got to the bus stop and realised that it was a little bit chilly. That's right, I should have worn legwarmers or atleast some stockings. 10 minutes still before the bus came. So we ran back to my house and I went to put on some stockings. Had to take off my Chucks off first so unlace, unlace, unlace, ever so time consuming. Got them off, stockings on and realised there's a hole where my big toe is and that is really uncomfortable. I mean REALLY. I wore a sock over it but it didn't help. I had to wear the sock UNDER it. So whilst Adri stared at the ceiling, I took my stockings off and put the socks on and then put the stockings back on and then my CHUCKS. Lace lace lace. I've come to figure out that X-hi tops are really bad when you are on the run. So five minutes later I get my shoes back on and I put the keys safely in my Crumpler back with all its velcro realising a second later that we haven't left the house and that I still needed to lock the house. Rolled eyes. Walk out, take key out of bag (quite an effort, remember the Velcro), lock door, open bag again (Velcro) and put key in. Swiftly walk towards bus stop which is 200m away... at about 150m mark, we see the bus driving down the hill. Started running like maniacs and waving arms everywhere. My legs were nice and warm cos of the stockings and I felt I could take on anything. Like stopping a bus! So yay, I stopped it. And I got a free ride. WOO.
Wow. What a fantastic story! Thank you, Georgina! *rolls eyes*
But highlight of my day was when Adri yelled at me "TIAM! Siaw Cha boh!!" - which translates to "Shut up, you crazy woman!". Yaay!
ANYWAYS. I've started painting again... and doing more art. My inspiration and creative juices have started to flow back to me and its GOOD. I'm the happiest when I have the ability and motivation to do art. Kinda makes me feel better about myself...
Ok I shall stop wasting your time cos I'm sure you all have a very busy schedule. I'm going to meet up with Markii and Anne tomorrow... YAY.
OH And if you're wondering what the title of this post is all about - its Modest Mouse. My favourite band right this moment. I have been listening to their stuff heaps over the last few weeks. Please do take the time to check them out. If you like Talking Heads, Franz Ferdinand, Porno For Pyros, The Flaming Lips, then you'll love Modest Mouse.
And hello Alboreto and Mego, takin' over my Shoutbox! ;) Yayy!
PS: Jess, I haven't forgotten. I still owe you a blog!