The Armani style (And Shrek 2!).
Man I love my job!!
Yesterday I think I had the best shift ever. I got to look after the fitting rooms (which is my favourite), I bought a Crumpler bag during my break (it was on sale 20% off!!), I got my contract so I was briefed through all the terms, and then I got my pants back from the tailors because it had to be altered - so I've got my full A|X uniform now! The pants are just so confortable. And they look really good too. Quite the Armani style as I was soon to find out.
I was given a whole folder that includes the biography of Giorgio Armani, information all about his empire, his 'pure sense of design', his style, everything. Yup. I have to sit a test! I couldn't quite believe it myself but after reading through all the material, I understand why we need to do it. I have such a better understanding of fashion now and greater appreciation for A|X and Armani in general because now I know what it is all about. But there is a lot of words to memorise and all these Italian names... I'm really bad at memorising! I'm good at logic (hence the engineering degree) but memorising just doesn't go down well with me... :(.
Anyways, I went to watch Shrek 2 last night! Oh my god it is SO funny!! I don't remember laughing so much during a film before. Oh man. Puss in Boots is absolutely gorgeous (yeah, I love cats) and the referencing to action films and not to mention the marriage of current popular culture with the fairytale world, is just brilliant. Brilliant, brilliant! The story line is great too and I am very pleased to see that children films are moving farther away from the typical "the most beautiful princess gets the most handsome prince and everyone will be happy" storyline.
The soundtrack is great and a nice version of David Bowie's "Changes" is on it too. He does the most awesome back-up vocals. During the part of the film that plays this song which is when Shrek, Donkey and Puss are running through Far Far Away village (which is pretty much Rodeo Drive haha), you can see a version of A|X in the background. But instead of A|X, it was A|A. HAHA!
Man, it is such a great film and I enjoyed it immensely. It shits all over the first one too.
Anyways, I have to run. At my cousin's house and I'm supposed to help out with setting up for dinner.
Ciao!!