5/06/2004 07:24:00 PM

"Would like to be in a gallery, put you all inside my show." and some music you should check out!

Today I coated my paintings to protect them, waited for them to dry and brought them to the gallery. Luckily they all fitted into my boot (it's a big boot!) and I didn't have to drive with canvases everywhere in my car. Maaan, I was so excited today! I am very pumped about this exhibition - my work is going to be seen!! I hope that I have made the right choice of paintings to display but I believe they are my best ones to date. Hopefully I can bring in a few more if space permits. Seriously though, this is a dream come true for me - to have my work up in a gallery!! It's not a huge thing, this exhibition, but you gotta start somewhere.

Been listening to these albums lately:

Prince - Musicology
Fucking BRILL! I love Prince, but after listening to this, I love him even more. A sexy funk fueled album that gets you groooooovin' but having some of those quiet tender soul moments too. Absolutely brilliant.

Franz Ferdinand
Check out this new band if you haven't. I have not been this excited about a new band for a very long time. Quality stuff! You may have heard their new single Take Me Out - but check out everything else on the album such as Matinee. God, these guys rock! It's great to see another rock album that is funnnkkyyy aaaaaas!!

Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Moutain (by strategy)
Brian Eno... do I need to say anything more? ;)

Air - Moon Safari
:) :) :) :) :)!

Radiohead - Hail To The Thief
I know this album came out ages ago, but I'm listening to it again and loving it just as much.

Depeche Mode - Violator
I used to be into DM a bit last year but have been really been neglecting them lately. So I thought I'd get back into groove and listen!

Just a side note... I came home today and read a new journal that David Bowie wrote on BowieNet. He's touring too much. He needs to be at home with his wife and daughter. Enough said!




posted by Stellar Drella @ 5/06/2004 07:24:00 PM
:: Post a Comment
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives