4/02/2004 08:50:00 PM

I was an arteeeeeeste!

So. I have decided to start selling paintings! I have never considered of making any money through selling paintings because I always kept them for myself. I find it terribly hard to part with them because they become close to you as you paint it. I've sold one before but that was commissioned for me to do.

I am considering of selling this one:



And maybe the Scary Monsters one that I posted a few blogs down. A lot of Bowie fans have shown immense interest, so I'm not that worried about finding customers.

Everything on the art front for me is going great. Firstly, this (selling artwork). Secondly, my Geisha painting was used for the CD cover for a single called 'My Art' by the Jimmy Haig boys - thank you, thank you! Thirdly, my 3m of wall space at the Boroondara Town Hall Gallery. I'm very excited about this although I can't decide on what paintings to display. 3m isn't a lot of space considering some of my paintings are rather big. Still, I can't wait to have my work out for the public eye to see! Then Monash Short Courses have offered some very awesome new art classes. "Painting Like Cezanne" and "Abstraction". I am debating on which one to do because both are expensive and I am undeniably broke. I love Cezanne, my hero, yet I would also love to learn some new and different ways of painting abstract art. Hmm. I'm leaning more towards Cezanne because this man has such a huge influence on modern art. Artists like Braque, Picasso, etc - great modern painters - were all influenced by Cezanne. This is the closest thing I can get to having a lesson with the man himself ;).

And finally, I have seemed to have broken through my period of complete 'artist's-block'. I feel much more inspired these few days. I am still reading Letters From Vincent Van Gogh. It inspires me a great deal eventhough his life was so tragic and void of lasting companionships and guidance. Sometimes I can really relate to his feelings so well (most of the time, in fact) and that's rather haunting. I don't want to end up like him!! No, I don't think I will, but it does make you think. If such a horrible feeling were to last a lifetime you'd be just as fed up too. Did you know that throughout his life, he only sold *one* painting? :(

Ok. Whoa, that was a depressing way of ending my rather happy post... but he's always on the back of my mind, Vincent.

xx Georgina




posted by Stellar Drella @ 4/02/2004 08:50:00 PM
:: Post a Comment
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 



Chez George

| shay jorj |

n. The blog of Georgina - perfectionist, realist, surrealist, futurist, modernist & romanticist. A confusing collection of thoughts, rants, art, music, dreams, opinions, news, photos and other random bullshit you didn't need to know about.

Origin. mid 18th century French; Greek name for 'farmer'.

dusty archives